Welcome to Ark Blacklands Primary Academy. We are a community primary school that serves the local children of Hastings. Our staff make a tremendous effort to get to know each pupil and provide them with the very best care.
At Ark Blacklands we are extremely proud of the fact that Ofsted has graded us as outstanding in all areas. This means that by sending your child to our school, you will know that they are receiving the very best education in a vibrant and nurturing setting.
The vision for our pupils is clear. We believe that every child should have the opportunity to succeed at university or in a career of their choice. We provide them with the skills they need for success at secondary school and beyond.
Together, we achieve.
Our 'Habits of Success' guide the culture and ethos of our Academy so that we can realise our mission. They are a central part of how we work and are evident in every aspect of Academy life.
Our habits of success are:
- Responsibility - We choose to try hard, respond to feedback and grow as learners
- Courage - We are happy to take risks in our learning in order to reach our potential
- Independence - We think for ourselves and never say "I can't"
- Curiosity - We possess the desire to question, find out and learn
- Determination - We will not give up even when things are tough
- Aspiration - We will have dreams for the future and work hard to achieve our targets. There is no ceiling to our ambition
- Resilience - We will use our growth mindset to overcome barriers