All pupils must dress according to our Uniform Policy, which reflects our values and reinforces our school’s culture of high expectations and academic achievement.
Our school uniform is important to us because it is one way in which we identify ourselves as a school family and it promotes a strong, cohesive school identity which supports high standards and expectations in all areas of school life.
- Fine knit turquoise V-neck jumper or cardigan with Blacklands logo*
- Long or short sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar
- Academy Tie
- Black skirt or black tailored trousers
- Black or white tights or socks with skirt
- Black or white socks with trousers
- Closed-toed, hard-soled, all black plain shoes with a flat sole
- Y5 & Y6 Black Blazer with turquoise stripe & Blacklands logo*
- Purple & white summer dress with Blacklands logo*
- Short-sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar & tie
- Tailored black shorts
- All black closed-toed sandals
PE Kit (indoor and outdoor)
- Turquoise polo shirt with Blacklands logo*
- Black shorts
- Black tracksuit with Blacklands logo (optional)
- Black trainers or black plimsolls
All children are now expected to come to school wearing their full PE kit on their allocated PE days. On these days, children may wear black trainers (with Velcro fastenings if possible) or bring these in to change into.
Sensible black school shoes should be worn at all times as part of our uniform. Trainers are not permitted unless it is your child’s PE day. During cold weather, black ankle boots may be worn but they must be plain with only one buckle or laces. Children may wear all black closed-toed sandals in the summer. Open-toed sandals or sling backs should not be worn, even in the Summer Term.
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office. Please ask the school office if you wish to look through this box. We endeavour to return all named property, but give unclaimed lost property to a local children’s charity at the end of term.
Purchasing school uniform
Our uniform supplier is Superstich.
Or visit the store: 7 Castleham Road, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 9NR.
Friends of Ark Blacklands stock a large amount of second hand uniform at reasonable prices - please contact the school office if you wish to make use of their uniform shop. They also regularly sell used uniform items at different events throughout the year.